General Prep Work:
- Remove excess furnishings and knick-knacks from rooms. Large amounts of furniture and decorations do not generally photograph well and can distract from the homes features.
- Check and replace all burned out light bulbs both inside and outside the house. Good lighting is key.
- Open curtains and blinds to allow as much natural light in to the home as possible.
- Turn on all lights including floor and table lamps; Inside and outside.
- Make sure all ceiling fans are turned off.
- Remove all vehicles from the driveways and do not park directly in front of the house.
- Move garbage and recycling cans out of sight.
- Remove all garden tools, hoses and clutter.
- Mow the grass, rake up leaves and debris, pull weeds and remove any dead vegetation.
- If you are feeling ambitious, plant some fresh flowers in empty planters and pots.
- Sweep driveways, sidewalks and patios.
|Swimming Pools and Spas:
- Make sure they are clean. Sweep dirt off the bottom and skim off the debris on top.
- Remove the cover, pool sweep, floating chlorine dispenser and pool toys.
- Straighten chairs, put away cleaning tools and set up the patio umbrella if you have one.
- Turn on pool lights, waterfalls and spa bubbles.
|Living and Family Room:
- Remove newspapers, magazines and put away books.
- Tuck the remote controls in a drawer to get them out of sight.
- Conceal exposed cables and cords as best that you can.
- Remove clutter, personal photos, kids toys, etc. from bookshelves, tables and floor.
- Dust and vacuum. (Dust can show in a photograph!)
- Wash any glass surfaces including table tops, cabinet doors and windows. Smudges and dirt on glass will be noticeable in the photographs.
- Make the beds neatly; straighten the bed spread and pillows.
- Tidy up, dust and vacuum.
- Pick up and put away clothes and shoes.
- Remove items from bedside tables: Books, magazines, pictures, clock radios, etc.
- In kids rooms put excess toys out of sight and take posters and drawings off the walls.
- Put small appliances, knife blocks, decorations and gadgets away and off counters.
- Remove all photos, notes, papers and magnets from the refrigerator.
- Clean the exterior of appliances refrigerator, oven, stove top, range hood and dishwasher.
- Wipe down the counter tops.
- Don't leave dirty dishes, sponges, dish towels, dish soap or the like near the sink.
- Move trash cans out of site.
- Dust the furniture and vacuum the floors.
- Setting the table with dinnerware, napkins and a centerpiece can give a homey feel.
- If you have a China cabinet make sure items are straight and tidy inside.
- Clear off the counter tops: Toiletries, tissues, hair products, etc. should be put away.
- Remove personal care products and children's bath toys from the shower and tub.
- Make sure towels are folded neatly and are straight on the towel bars.
- Close the lid on the toilets.
- Mirrors and shower doors should be clean.
|Please take your time to do these items to the best of your ability. Doing this will make sure your photos turn out the best and give Buyers something great to look at when they find your home online!